Tuesday, August 9, 2011

PAWS AS HANDS _ 101st Post!


Not sure if you know this, but Google recently upgraded their STATS tab as a resource in Blogger that provides a great deal of information to the blogger about how many hits a blog's posts are getting, where in the world people are reading them, and how readers are finding them. AND, this is all can be laid out in a period over "all time" down to "now."

While I started this Blog as a way of sharing my learning curve in creating and illustrating my first comic book, FEEDING GROUND, the most popular posts are above and beyond those linking to designs for CHICKIEPOO & FLUFF: BARNYARD DETECTIVES, a pilot I designed and art directed for Nickelodeon. The pilot wasn't picked up but on any given day there are still people checking into this site, often from Latin America where I'm told that the pilot and interstitials are still on the air. It puts a smile on my face to picture, as one commenter told me, kids asking to go online to check out the chickies. For their sake, I hope they don't also run across a werewolf or two.

(ABOVE: Stickers I designed for the Chickiepoo art and production team)


Below are a few more stats and links and weirdness that came up on the Stats tab.Thanks again to artist Tim Hamilton for nudging me into setting this up in the first place:


- Of the Top 5 Posts, the Top 3 are Chickiepoo-related and #5 are some costume sketches I did of Marvel's Thor as an exercise in character design.


- The #4 most popular Post, YOU'LL BE A WOMAN SOON, was about drawing female characters, but, stats suggest that the real draw was the fact that I mentioned actress Emily Mortimer as inspiration.

- One day, a Google search for the phrase "Plump her up a bit" led 2 hits to the site.

- Outside of the US, the most number of readers come from Mexico.


- If you're reading this and would like more info on comic craft in particular, check this link to notes on a series of classes I took with comic master Klaus Janson at MoCCA in NYC.

Thanks for taking the time to read this or any of the previous 100 posts and let me know if there's anything you'd like to see or read about in the future.  I'll continue to do updates on FEEDING GROUND and other projects but would also like to shift some light onto other artists and craft in general.

You can join this site if you have a G-mail account by hitting the button on the right and you can also follow me on Twitter at m_lapinski

No comments:

Post a Comment